JOIN US AT PULBOROUGH VILLAGE HALL TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DRILLING ON YOUR DOORSTEP
We’re holding a public meeting at Pulborough Village Hall, RH20 2BF, this Sunday 30th April, 7-9pm. Everyone welcome.
Hosted by actress Sue Jameson, guest speakers include Professor David Smythe, geologist; Kia Trainer from the Campaign for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE); award-winning environmentalist Nicola Peel and Tom Broughton from Transition Chichester on alternative energy.
We hope that representatives from Kimmeridge Oil and Gas (KOGL) / UK Oil and Gas (UKOG) license-holders of the Broadford Bridge site, West Sussex County Council and the surrounding parish councils will also attend. Come along and find out more about the issues surrounding drilling on your doorstop.
Thank you for your support and hope to see you at one of our events soon. Please contact us via email on email@example.com for more information.
Keep Billingshurst Frack Free
Object to Environment Agency permit extension by THURSDAY 13th APRIL
Please object to the Environment Agency planning variation request by Kimmeridge Oil and Gas Limited (KOGL), subsidiary of UK Oil and Gas, license holders of Broadford Bridge site, Adversane Lane, RH14 9ED.
Simply write a paragraph or two, or more if you like, including your name and address – unless you don’t want this included – to KOGL’s permit variation to acidise the well at the Broadford Bridge site.
Some of our concerns are the following, which you can use in your objection:
- Chemical use is greater in acidisation than in hydraulic fracking. Plus, with many chemicals involved in the process, listed on the Safety Data Sheet, there is no specific or further information available. Therefore, the precautionary principle should apply, on the basis of these chemicals having unknown effects, and this permit should be refused.
- Solid and liquid waste will be toxic, highly saline and radioactive, a risk to groundwater, surface water and soil should accidents occur.
- The EA Midlands office stated that there are no suitable disposal facilities in southern England.
- Wells may be acidised repeatedly and there is little research on the subject of repeated acidisation. The cumulative effect on our environment and human health.
- The risk of spills and other accidents.
- No nearby accident and emergency department.
- Lack of public consultation.
- Absence of discussion of these issues in the Environmental Statement originally submitted by Celtique Energie.
- The Weald is very faulted. Faults are complex and unpredictable in their hydrogeological behaviour and should be regarded as leaky. The site is situated near a fault, which could take liquids to the River Arun.
- Another thing we’ve noticed about this permit variation application is that it’s just been copied and pasted from same application to Surrey County Council for the Horse Hill well, without even changing the details or name, let alone tailoring it to the rural Sussex area its in. This is shocking sloppiness, as if no one would even look at the application, let alone comment on it. Therefore the permit is not valid because the supporting documentation is incorrect.
Overall, we think the new plans need a whole new planning application and public consultation.
It looks like KOGL think no one’s paying attention. Show them we are by objecting to these proposed changes to this permit extension application by filling in the forms here: https://consult.environment-agency.gov.uk/psc/rh14-9ed-kimmeridge-oil-gas-limited/
Wow! What a turn out on Saturday. Thank you everyone for coming along to our Not April Fools protest at the green outside the Blacksmith’s Arms. There were over 60 people from the surrounding areas keen to let our opposition to drilling down Adversane Lane be heard loud and clear.
We made it onto BBC South East bulletin that evening, too.
As well as onto Spirit FM radios website, after they’d publicised it that morning.
We made the front page of the West Sussex Gazette and a great half page report on page 7 of the West Sussex County Times (April 6).
We will continue to meet there every Saturday from 2-4 for anyone who wants to find out more and show solidarity. RH14 9JH. Join us!